PLEASE JOIN THE COALITION TO PROTECT IDAHO KIDS
The Coalition to Protect Idaho Kids strives to prevent needless pain and death to children caused by religious exemptions to Idaho’s child protection laws. We will protect all children in Idaho – where more children die of faith-based medical neglect than in any other state – by working with Idaho’s Legislature to update religious medical care exemptions. We are comprised of the faith community, the medical community, law enforcement and the social services community. We believe in religious freedom, and we believe in society’s duty to protect children. We believe that our First Amendment rights do not include the right to neglect our children. We will work together until every child in Idaho is protected.
To pass legislation during the 2020 Idaho Legislative Session that updates Idaho’s religious medical care exemptions and provides the protection deserved by all Idaho’s children.
The Coalition will rely on the reputations and the actions of our members to work to update Idaho’s religious medical care exemptions during the 2020 Legislative Session. By joining the coalition, I/we agree to support the attached bill that updates Idaho’s religious exemption laws to help keep children from suffering and dying from treatable illnesses.
As a member of the Coalition to Protect Idaho Kids, we may participate in any of the below activities with the Coalition:
- Lend our name and logo so we can be listed as a member of the Coalition on their website and in collateral;
- Help guide the coalition in developing and executing its strategic plan;
- Call, email, and write letters to our legislators;
- Meet with our legislators – both before the legislative session, in our district, and during the session, at the Capitol;
- Attend related Legislative Committee hearings and, when needed, testify at those hearings;
- Speak to media about the Coalition and our goal during the legislative session; and,
- Have a presence at events intended to garner media and public attention for our mission and for the need to update Idaho’s laws immediately, before any more children suffer or die.
PLEASE JOIN THE COALITION TO PROTECT IDAHO KIDS!
I/we agree to join the Coalition to Protect Idaho Kids. I/we are committed to working as a team with other members of the Coalition to pass legislation during the 2020 Idaho Legislative Session that updates Idaho’s religious medical care exemptions and provides the protection deserved by all Idaho’s children.